SEDEX – Supplier Ethical Data Exchange is a secure online platform for sharing and viewing information on labour standards, health and safety as well as environment and business ethics. Sedex is neither a standard setting body, code of conduct or certification. It is the largest global organization with having members in more than 150 countries.
Sedex is the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data, which is not for profit membership organization.
Benefits of SEDEX Standard
- Drive improvements in ethical and responsible business practices
- Increase efficiency
- Save time and resources
- Improve supplier engagement
- Boost productivity
- Reduce reputational risk
- Gain competitive advantage
- Help drive collaboration and reduce duplication
Process of Sedex Certification
Sedex is not a standard setting body, code of conduct or certification. Instead the role of SEDEX standard is to enable you to effectively share and manage supply chain information, with the aim of driving continuous improvement. Sedex has two aims one is to ease the burden on suppliers facing multiple audits, questionnaires and certifications and the other is to drive improvements in the ethical performance of global supply chains. Roots Management is having experienced team for Sedex certification consulting, who guide clients to make process quick and effective. The Sedex certificate is given by recognized certifying body and they carry out site audit for Sedex certification. After certification they carry out annual certification audit.
Steps for SEDEX Certification Consultancy by ROOTS
- Micro level survey of the existing system
- Prepare the Sedex documentation
- Make registration on Sedex.
- Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
- Form a steering committee and task force for each level of committee
- Identify and define process approach
- Define policy and establish objectives
- Prepare documents of Sedex management system.
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & formats.
- Self assessment of the system
- Assess the system through first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Apply for SMETA audit.
- Complete the audit.
For Sedex requirements SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) by the certifying body is to be done.
The basic Sedex requirements are as bellow:
- Labour Standards
- Health and safety
- Business practices.