Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard have been developed in response to customer demand for a recognizable occupational health and safety management system standard against which their management system can be assessed and certified. The OHSAS 18001:2007, Occupational health and safety management systems — Requirements was initially published in year 1999 and then it was revised in 2007. And in the year 2018, it was adopted and become ISO standard ISO 45001:2018. All such types of industries can implement this standard. This standard can be implemented by the industry, who wishes to;
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an Occupational health and safety management systems,
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated Occupational Health & Safety policy,
- Demonstrate conformity with ISO 45001:20187
ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) Certification
The ISO 45001:2018 Certification process and time required is vary as the type and size of the organization. ISO 45001:2018 certificate is issued by certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the ISO 45001:2018. The ISO 45001:2018 certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. The OHSMS certificate is valid till 3 years from the date of issue. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 Months, 9 Months or 12 Months depending upon the nature and size of the Organization. Upon completion of 3 years, renewal audit is done for new 3 years cycle.
Steps followed by ISO 45001 (OHSMS) Consultants of Roots
Roots Management Services is having vast industrial experience in the implementation occupational health and safety system and ISO 45001 consultancy in India for all types of industries, such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering etc. Our ISO 45001:2018 Consultant has helped to develop the Occupational, Health & Safety management standard for many national and international customers in following manner;
- Micro–level survey for each and every activity of the organization and preparation of detail Gap analysis report,
- Preparation of applicable documents required by ISO 45001:2018 based on detail study of all activities of the Organizations
- ISO 45001:2018 training for system awareness to all levels of employees within the Organization,
- Helps in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till certification,
- Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the ISO 45001:2018 certification.
- Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management
- Conduct mockdrill etc.
- On site per audit by certifying body
- Final ISO 45001:2018 certification audit by certifying body
Benefits of ISO 45001 Implementation with Us
- Use of competitive advantage
- Improved Public relations
- Strengthened position on share market.
- Avoidance of fines due to compliance with all identified legal ISO 45001 requirements,
- Identification of possible areas, which can save costs such as absenteeism due to ill health etc.
- Public Perception
- Demonstrates concerns for the occupational health and safety issues
- Pro–active not reactive to legislation
- Improve process operation
- Creates and builds detailed and relevant illness, health and safety related data
- Management System
- Provides a structured framework for management for all occupational health and safety issues
- Better relation with regulatory and licensing authorizations.