ISO/IEC 20000 is the first formal worldwide standard specifically aimed at Information Technology Service Management industries. ISO/IEC 20000 is likely to become a basic business requirement, in the same way as ISO 9001.
A principal constraint of ISO 20000:2011 when implementing or assessing the conformance of an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) was the number of mandated ‘processes; these were often worded such that they required auditor interpretation and agreement with the auditee.
The standard for IT service management system is designed by ISO for proving that an organisation has implemented best practices and are using them consistently across the organisation. ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for service management. Part 1 of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard lays out a specification for a service management system (SMS). Part 2 provides guidance on SMS implementation.
ISO 20000, which has two main parts both with the general title Information technology – Service management, enables IT service providers to identify how to enhance the quality of service they deliver to their customers, both internally and externally. ISO/IEC 20000 helps organisations benchmark how they deliver managed services, measure service levels and assess their performance.
Benefits of ISO 20000 System
By implementing information service management system as per ISO 20000-1:2011 standard, any IT organization can achieve following benefits from the system with continuous improvements.
- The idea is that systems from diverse parties are more likely to fit together if they follow a common guideline.
- Management can be assured of the quality of a system, business unit, or other entity, if a recognized framework or approach is followed.
- Compliance with, or certification against, and international standard is often used by management to demonstrate due diligence.
- Enhances customer satisfaction / reduces dissatisfaction.
- Level of Assurance in Organisational QUALITY.
- Increase in profitability of the company.
- Organisational Credibility & Reputation.
- The ability to reduce the customer and third party audit.
- Can help identify process improvements & reduced customer complaints.
- Provides evidence of due diligence & reduces the likelihood of product recall & adverse publicity.
- Improves internal and external communications.
- Improves your organizations image.
- ISO 20000 can assist your organisation in benchmarking its IT service management.
ISO 20000:2011 Certification
The ISO 20000 Certification services provide by Roots Management and after successfully audited for implementation of iso 20000 system, ISO 20000 certificate is issued by Certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the ISO 20000:2011. This certificate is for 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 Months, 9 Months or 12 Months depending upon the nature and size of the Organization. The ISO 20000 certification is preferred by an organisation seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled. An organization who achieves the ISO 20000:2011 certifications can provides consistent approach to all its service providers to monitor measure and review its service management processes and services.
Steps for ISO 20000 Certification Consultancy
- Micro level survey of the� existing system.
- Prepare the documentation.
- Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
- Form a steering committee and task force for documentation.
- Define policy and establish objectives.
- Prepare documents of IT service management systems.
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & formats.
- Also give training to employee related to Risk evaluation, Aspect & impact.
- Train internal auditors.
- Assess the system through first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Apply for certification.
- Availpre-certification audit of certifying body.
- Take actions on suggestions given by them.
- Final audit by certifying body.
- Take corrective actions on the non conformities to the satisfaction of the certifying body.
- Get certified for ISO 20000.