FSSC 22000 is combination of ISO 22000:2005 (Food safety management system requirements) and ISO/TS 22002-1 pre-requisite programmes on food safety part-1 for food industries and packaging PAS 223 prerequisite for packaging and packaging materials.
Along with BRC this scheme is recognised by GFSI. GFSI is an organization committed to benchmarking food safety management schemes with an aim towards fostering a convergence between food safety standards
It is developed for the certification of food safety systems of organizations in the food chain that process or manufacture animal products, perishable vegetable products, products with a long shelf life, (other) food ingredients like additives, vitamins, bio-cultures and food packaging material manufacturing.
FSSC 22000 Certification
Roots Management Services is the largest and best consultant for FSSC 22000 certification available in India. The FSSC 22000 certification includes step by step implementation of the food safety system within the food organizations, Food safety training for awareness as well as auditing and preparing documentation for FSSC 22000 certification. ISO FSSC 22000 Certificate is issued by globally recognized Certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the FSSC 22000. The FSSC 22000 certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 Months, 9 Months or 12 Months depending upon the nature and size of the Organization. Upon completion of 3 years, renewal audit is done for new 3 years cycle.
For FSSC 22000 certification and other foods safety standard certification, Roots is having team of experienced food standard consultants who implements the food safety system for more than 100 satisfied clients across India.
Steps for FSSC 22000 Consultancy
Following are the key steps for FSSC 22000 Consultancy in India, which followed by Roots Management while implementation of food safety system for FSSC 22000 certification.
- Micro level survey of the� existing system and submit gap analysis report
- Review findings for infrastructure changes to meet FSSC 22000 Requirements
- Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
- Form a steering committee and task force for documentation
- Identify hazards and carry out hazard analysis and prepare haccp plan and identify critical control points
- Define policy and establish objectives
- Prepare the FSSC 22000 documentation for quick FSSC certification
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & templates
- Give training to employee related to Food safety hazards identification evaluation and control.
- Train internal auditors for internal auditing of FSSC 22000.
- Assess the system through first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Carry out management review meeting
- Apply for certification.
- Final audit by certifying body.
- Take corrective actions on the non conformities to the satisfaction of the certifying body.
- Get certified for FSSC 22000
Benefits of FSSC 22000 Certification
The food safety system as per FSSC 22000 standards provides following benefits to the organization.
- FSSC 220000 improves the safety SAFETY and QUALITY of your product
- FSSC standard offers preventative approach to food safety
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Systematic approach to meet the requirement for food safety
- The FSSC 22000 has ability to reduce the customer and third party audit
- Increase in performance and profitability of the company
- Ability to Differentiate organisation for competitive advantage
- Can help identify process improvements & reduced customer complaints
- Improves internal and external communications
FSSC 22000 Certification Requirements
The FSSC 22000 standard is the combination of ISO 22000 and ISO 22002, so below mentioned specific FSSC 22000 requirements related to PRP are to be met.
- Construction and layout of buildings
- Layout of premises and workspace
- Utilities — air, water, energy
- Waste disposal
- Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance
- Management of purchased materials
- Measures for prevention of cross-contamination
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Pest control
- Personnel hygiene and employee facilities
- Product recall procedures
- Product information and consumer awareness
- Food defence, bio vigilance, and bioterrorism.