HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point is an internationally accepted technique for preventing microbiological, chemical and physical contamination along the food supply chain.
HACCP is a systematic approach to identify, evaluate and control the food safety hazards throughout the food manufacturing, starting from material receipt, storage, manufacturing processing, storage, packing, dispatch and distribution as well.
The effective implementation of HACCP standard will enhance the ability of companies to: protect and enhance brands and private labels, promote consumer confidence and conform to regulatory and market requirements. This certificate is given as per Codex guidelines.
Contents of HACCP plan:
In the above steps are describing procedure and scientific approach to control the significant hazards. The good HACCP plan document should include all the above 7 principal contents as listed below.
The good HACCP plan as a minimum includes:
- Steps of control point
- Hazards and control measures
- Critical control points
- CCP limits
- CCP monitoring details( What, who, where, when, how)
- Corrective actions ( What and who)
- Verification ( What and who)
- Record details
Benefits of HACCP Standard
- Improves the safety SAFETY and QUALITY of your product
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Systematic approach to meet the requirement for food safety.
- Hazard analysis to evaluate threats to food safety.
- Can help identify process improvements & reduced customer complaints
- Reduces the need for, and the cost of end product testing
- Provides evidence of due diligence & reduces the likelihood of product recall & adverse publicity
- Facilitates better understanding of food packaging safety issues throughout the organization
- Improves your organizations image
Roots Management Services, leading HACCP certification consultant in India provides systems implementation as per Food HACCP standards. In HACCP certification Roots provides gap analysis for the system in the organization and according that food safety consultant will prepare the structure of the organization. Also HACCP system awareness and auditing training will be provide to all staff of the organization which makes overall HACCP certification process easy and fast. HACCP certificate is issued by Certifying body under many guidelines like Codex. The globally recognized certifying body provide certificate under the HACCP codex guidelines. The HACCP certificate is issued for the period oF 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the HACCP Certifying body within the period of 3 years.
Steps for HACCP Consultancy
Following are the steps of HACCP consultancy follow by Roots Management to implement food safety management system under HACCP certification.
- Micro level survey of the existing system
- Conduct awareness program for all.
- Form a steering committee and task force for documentation
- Prepare documents of Food safety management system as well as hazard analysis and prepare haccp plan by implementing 7 principals.
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & formats.
- Also give training to employee related to Food safety hazards identification evaluation and control.
- Train internal auditors.
- Assess the system through first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities and carry out management review meeting
- Apply for certification.
- Final audit by certifying body.
- Take corrective actions on the non conformities to the satisfaction of the certifying body.
The HACCP requirements, the organization must satisfies while implementing of the food safety management system to achieve best results is as follows –
- HACCP requirements
- General food safety requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Management commitment
- Resources requirements
- Validation and verification of the system