ISO 9001:2008 Standard for Quality Management System
ISO 9001:2008 is an international Standard which is recognized for the Quality Management System. ISO 9001 was prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC 176, Quality management system. ISO 9001 is an international standard prepared by international organization for standardization. An ISO 9001 certification doesn’t certify products of the company. It only focsues upon working methodology that forces an organization to establish Quality management system.
This fourth edition (ISO 9001:2008) cancels and replaces the third edition (ISO 9001:2000), which has been amended to clarify points. ISO 9001 specifies requirements for a quality management system that can be used for internal application by organizations, or for certification, or for contractual purposes. ISO 9001 provides an organization with a set of principles that ensure focused, informed, scientific and proven approach to the management of business activities to consistently achieve customer satisfaction and continually improve operational effectiveness & helps all kinds of organizations to succeed through improved customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement.
ISO 9001 is by far the world’s most popular globally and many organizations in 178 countries worldwide had implemented this standard. The ISO 9001:2008 provide organization with a set of processes that ensure a common sense approach to the management of organization and establish process approach. The system should ensure consistency and improvement of working practices, which in turn provide products and services that meet customer’s requirements. ISO 9000 is the most commonly used international standard that provides a framework for an effective quality management system.
ISO 9001 Certification
The ISO 9001 certification is done by recognized accredited certifying body. In iso 9001 certification includes implementation of quality management system within the organization, ISO awareness as well as internal auditor training as well as documentation for iso 9001 certification. An ISO 9001:2008 certificate is not a once-and-for-all award, but must be renewed at regular intervals recommended by the certification body, usually around three years. The iso 9001 certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 Months, 9 Months or 12 Months depending upon the nature and size of the Organization.
Steps for ISO 9001 Consultancy
Roots Management Services, leading ISO 9001 certification consultant in India is providing ISO 9001 consultancy in 2 ways. Off site means all help is provided through webinar training and offside documentation as well as help through e mails and chat through internet.
The steps for onsite consultancy are as given below.
- Micro level surveys carried out of your organization by our experts and do Gap Analysis.
- Submission for document kit and modification in existing document.
- Awareness Training Programme for all Employees.
- prepare Quality Policy and display at prime location.
- Establishing Quality Objectives at departmental levels.
- Document Finalization.
- Implementation and Record Keeping.
- Auditor Training / Mock Auditing.
- 1st Internal Audit In Presence of Roots ISO 9001 auditors.
- Implementation of 1st Management Review.
- Application to Certifying Body.
- Closing of internal audit findings.
- Help during Certification audit.
- Closing the finding of audits by certifying body.
We help our clients to develop Quality Management System against 8 key principles of management as listed below.
- Customer focused organisation
- Involvement of people
- Ensuring a process approach
- Continuous improvement
- System approach to management
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relations
Benefits of ISO 9001 Quality Management System
The organization irrespective of manufacturing or service industry can benefit of implementing ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System as listed below.
- Improvement in internal system of functioning,
- Develop Quality Plan covering stage of inspections required to control manufacturing or service delivery process to attain customer satisfaction
- Global market access in terms of export.
- Independent of personal competency and high reliability on system.
- Cost Savings – ISO 9001 Quality Management System helps to optimize operations and therefore improve the bottom line.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction – ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standards help improve quality, enhance customer satisfaction and increase sales.
- Access to new markets – ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standards help prevent trade barriers and open up global markets.
- Increased market share – ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standards help increase productivity and competitive advantage
Key Areas To Be Consider During Implementing ISO 9001
ISO 9001 2008 certification is a Quality management system certification. It demands an organization to be customer focused and customer committed. Some of the points to be considered in implementing ISO 9001 is as below.
- Quality manual, quality procedures, quality plan, Quality policy, Quality objectives preparations.
- Production/service planning
- Product/ service inspection-verification-testing from incoming, in process and final stage.
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance of equipments
- Vendor selection and their revaluation. System of coordinating complete purchasing information to supplier.
- Product storage to preserve their quality
- Reviewing customer inquiries-orders
- Customer complaints and customer feedback handling mechanisms
- Employee competence review and their periodic trainings.